Re: Info wanted on 1958 4/4

To: steve.moore@cnetns.tcp.csiro.au, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Info wanted on 1958 4/4
From: deemi@juno.com
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 14:02:19 -0700
Steve,

I cannot tell you much on the hinge number, except for my plus 4 ss, it
matches the engine number.

As to Fergus, little if any information exists, Dr. Jake alderson in
Sheffield England, or Win Sharples at CANTAB, the eastern US Morgan
dealer may have more.  Fergus went out of business in late 60's, his son
recently died also.  no records of numbers are found, but your numbers
precede mine for 63, so that fits.

I would chase the Morgan hinge number down by sending just that to the
factory, if your hoods appear original, it should end up matching some
other number, dont forget even trannys had a number also!
\
Best Regards,
Cameron, Lori and Bob Bowie of Maine
PO Box 3751