Info wanted on 1958 4/4

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Info wanted on 1958 4/4
From: Steve Moore <steve.moore@cnetns.tcp.csiro.au>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 13:18:21 +1000
Perhaps someone can help with this,

A friend has just parchased a 1958 Series II 4/4. This car was imported to
Oz recently and is in many pieces. The car was originally sold in the USA
through Fergus Imported Cars, New York.

Both the engine and the chassis have been replaced and the original numbers
are not with the car, although the documentation lists 2 engine numbers

771 ENTO 1P/100E 5017

and

771 ENRO 11/100E 6017

The numbers on the bonnet hinge are 142230 and the Fergus stock number is
19811.

I'm unsure as to how the numbers on the bonnet on a 4/4 relate to engine or
chassis numbers. I know there was a relationship between these numbers on
the plus 4s and on my 1973 4/4 the numbers are the same as the last 4
digits of the engine number.

The last owner in the USA was Viggo M. Blegvad in Michigan. The car was
part of a deceased estate so I don't believe Viggo will be of much help!

Do Fergus Cars still exist and would they have any records? Can you relate
the numbers on the bonnet to a chassis number on early 4/4s? I believe the
factory will only act on chassis numbers if information on a car is
requested so any info would be appreciated.

Cheers

Steve Moore

Please Note new Phone and Fax numbers

Dr. Stephen Moore