Access finally

To: "'morgans@autox.team.net'" <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Access finally
From: "Blair, John" <JBlair@scn.spawar.navy.mil>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 09:25:40 -0400
Steve,

   It looks like you hit the nail on the head.  I had to go into my
personal address book
And set the text to Plain text for this addressee.  I tried to set the
default as per
Your instructions:

        ">If you are sending a new email go to "Format" on the Menu Bar
and select
        >"Plain Text."  This will change the format to ASCII.  If you
want your
        >default to be ASCII then go to "Tools" on the Menu Bar on the
main Outlook
        >screen and select "options", go to the "Mail Format" tab and
change the
        >option in the "message format" box to "plain text."  Then
restart outlook
        >and this should resolve the problem.  Some UNIX email servers
can not handle
        >stuff from Uncle Bill."

        However, I couldn't find the format option as you described.
I'm running Outlook
        97 (ver 8.01).  I did find it under the personal address book.
The only mention
        I could find for a global text was in the "SAVE" function.

        Thanks for you assistance.  I guess I need to upgrade to Outlook
98.

        John