RE: Scuttle bar

To: "'Morgan List'" <Morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Scuttle bar
From: "Manfred Brown" <m-brown@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 10:15:10 +0100
My first sight of a scuttle bar was in the mid 80's at the factory where
they were installed for US cars only. I was told at the time that it was a
US legal requirement for side impact protection and that the stiffening up
of the chassis was an unfortunate side effect.

Manfred
'87 +8 (no scuttle bar)