Re: Brooklands Steering Wheel

To: LBlake@Newport.com, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Brooklands Steering Wheel
From: MOGOWNER@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 21:15:04 EDT
I too have had the same problem. I contacted many advertisers in hemmings
Motor News and inquired just how the "restored" the wheels. Most use epoxy and
filler and then paint the wheel. However, they are prone to crack again. One
fellow was in Long Island NY and the other is in Fla. The prices were quite
impressive too, at least $250. A Repro wheel from a company in England is also
advertised in Hemmings. I've never seen the product.  For that money my wife
bought me a 4 spoke MotoLita mahogany wheel for my 40th birthday!!!!