weekend report

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: weekend report
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 12:57:49 -0400
Dear all:

I attended the 50th anniversary festivities at Watkins Glen this past
weekend, and had a great time.  I was a bit surprised to see only two mogs
in competition.  One was a very nicely prepared black +4 (complete with
louvered undertray and twin webers), while the other was a very late 4-cyl.
3-wheeler (complete with whimsical drag chute deployed at the end of the
race).  I don't know who the owner of either car is, but they did a good
job of 'showing the flag.'

I must say I was surprised to see almost no Morgans in amongst the in-field
collection of enthusiasts who drove their cars to the track.  Countless
MGs, Triumphs, and respectable numbers of other marques, including jag,
datsun (more 2000's than you could shake a stick at), Alfa, Porsche, etc.,
but I don't know that I saw more than one or two additional mogs!!  What
gives??  I guess I'm part of the problem; me mog stayed in the garage all
weekend.

Will Zehring