Re: weekend report

To: "Stuart J. Ross" <stuross@tempest.nac.net>
Subject: Re: weekend report
From: Fred kuzyk <msccc@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 03:34:48 -0700
Stuart,
You've answered the question as to where all the Mogs were! A smattering
also here, probably another smattering in Virginia, but only 4 at
Watkin's Glenn. I agree there is no "commie plot" and too bad that we
cannot clone ourselves & cars!
We received your email about Autumn Mog XX & posted it under Events on
our website ages ago, as a service to interested Morganeers. The same
was done for the new event in Virginia, as well as Watkin's. Choices are
good. I'm glad that yours was a success rivaling that of MOG 28. (I saw
Jim Nichol's post regarding your numbers). I too belong to a few clubs,
local ones where we've attempted to promote interaction.
The same considerations/obstacles, etc you mention have been wrestled
with by various Executives here for a decade or so. Instead of Stowe,
substitute British Car Day (900 cars last year & anywhere from 12-20 or
more Morgans - a huge number in these parts). Rates are higher during
Labour Day & earlier. And too hot,then. Weather turns rotten after
September - too cold. The end of September is (for the moment) our own
event for charity, open to all. Keep the event in Niagara or go
elsewhere? And on. The reality is such that we must "compete" with the
Glenn if our little Mog event was to continue. Local folk will continue
to go New York, rather than "around the block". We never get many cars
from neighbouring states, despite a very favourable exchange rate the
last while, except at MOA in 1990 - something not seen  before nor
likely to be repeated in Canada. Pity! Given the long & rich history of
Morganeering here by the likes of "Curly Ellis" & Metro Motors, Chris
Charles, the Beer family, & G.B. Sterne on the left coast, would be nice
for the legacy to go on. I have nothing against racing, just the wife &
I have tried to keep this event alive for the last 6 attempts.
Other clubs & cars were invited to add more numbers & interest. It's
time for us to move on. I don't know if the event will be around next
year. Please excuse us while we gloat, as we finally "won one" on the
Glenn!

Perhaps I'll see you at Autumn Mog XXI. Finally free to follow the
vagaries of whim & weather, like most folk. Thanks for the report.

Cheers,
Fred Kuzyk
MSCCC

--
Fred Kuzyk
President, Morgan Sports Car Club of Canada

Visit the HOLY SMOKES Tobacconist Website at:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/msccc/HS.HTM