Improved rear axle for my 59' 4/4

To: Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Improved rear axle for my 59' 4/4
From: jpavone@vanstar.com
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 13:36:24 -0700
I've done some checking into a replacement for the wimpy 6HA axle in my 59
4/4.  A Studebaker dana 27 axle can be made to fit the car. A complete NOS
unit can be bought for about $200!!! The axle tubes must be shortened and
fitted with the 'ends' from my 6HA axle. The only problem seems to be with
the axles as the Studebaker splines are different from the Morgan 6HA. I
was quoted about $2000 for a set of custom axles to fit this application!!!
Mike Nahar had done a similar conversion using his stock axles attached to
the studebaker axles through a pressed and welded sleeve. Mike, can I get
the name and number of the shop which did this work for you? Has anyone
done something similar to this? Thanks in advance.

John