Re: PLUS 8 QUESTION

To: Naoz@aol.com, morgans@Autox.Team.Net, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: PLUS 8 QUESTION
From: Gary Kneisley <kneisley@ohio.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 10:39:33 -0400
Mike,

On my 1991 +8 the seat rails (sliding mechanism) bolts to 3" wide by 3/16
thick steel plates which are cut long enough to lay on top of the carpet and
extend the full distance between the cross members.  These plates then have
a bolt which goes through them and the cross member lip under the wood floor
board.  If I recall correctly (it was last winter when I had my seats out)
one of the bolts ( I believe the rear one) on each side of the seat goes
through both the seat slide and the steel plate, and the cross member.
There are substantial washers on the underside of the car between the nut
and the cross member.  I agree that simply attaching to the floor wood is
not sufficient to hold the seat in the event of sudden acceleration changes
(in any direction).

Would the second cable be for the heater control?  My car is EFI and has no
choke, but there is a choke type cable which runs to the rear top coolant
hose which controls the amount of hot coolant going through the heater.

Good luck

Gary Kneisley
1991 +8  R10432
Grafton, OH