Re: 2 questions

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 2 questions
From: farley@tiac.net (farley)
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 00:17:21 GMT
Morganeers:

        I am desperate. Last weekend I trashed the clutch on my '62 4/4. It
is a  Series IV car but I replaced the engine a couple of years ago. Instead
of the E109 it now has an E120. The clutch itself is in good shape but I
broke one of the tabs off the end of the clutch fork, wore out the throwout
bearing and completely demolished the linkage between the throwout bearing
and the fork. I am told that the forks and the linkages are no longer made.
I have a throwout bearing on the way. Question does anyone have a picture of
the linkage between the throwout bearing and the fork? It consists of a "D"
ring made out of spring steel and a couple of circular wire clips. I am
getting the clips but I will probably have to fabricate the "D" ring out of
spring steel. The problem is that I don't know exactly what it looks like
and I haven't a clue of the proper way these parts all go together. Help!