Re: Advice

To: "Graeme Sutherland" <graeme@pixelfusion.com>,
Subject: Re: Advice
From: "Stuart J. Ross" <stuross@nac.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 07:46:14 -0500
Of course the Norman (French) who invaded England in 1066 were themselves
descendants of the Vikings, too (Norman is derived from 'northman' -or
vikings). There are bagpipes used in some western parts of France, notably
in Brittany, but this may be the result of cross channel cultural exchanges
by the Celtic peoples of Cornwall during the Romano-Britanic period. So
there! None of these people were known to have put 5 speed transmissions
into their chariots, but probably the origins of the ash framed vehicle can
be traced back to this era. The original Morgan, which was a horse, was used
by  the Romano-Britains, the Normans, and the Anglo-Saxons, but the Vikings
tended to use Saabs and Volvos. For more complete details of this ancient
time period, I suggest you read Dr. Thorkill Skelding's excellent monograph,
Ancient Sportscars and Sedans of the Romano-Brittanic Era.
It is a "classic".