Re: Solo II Class for Plus 4

To: "DeLuca, Joseph" <Joseph.DeLuca@wl.com>
Subject: Re: Solo II Class for Plus 4
From: smithmog@ix.netcom.com
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 1999 10:19:29 -0800
DeLuca, Joseph wrote:

> Bob,
>
> I used to runs Solo II's in my 4/4 back in the 80's
> and was amazed at the high-powered, good-handling
> sports machines I was put up against (including some
> exotics).
>
> There didn't seem to be any logical explanation and I
> was totally outclassed beyond any hope of recovery
> through driver effort.
>
> My theory is that way back when some incredibly good
> driver must have showed up in a Morgan and really
> kicked tail to the point that the Solo folks are now
> thoroughly intimidated by the marque.
>
> At any rate, good luck!
>
> Joe DeLuca
> Sparta, NJ
> '62 yellow 4/4 competition model
> Morgan 3/4 Group, USA

Harris and Matilda, and came away sadder for the experience, and driven
to exact their revenge via the rule book.
        I would guess that the bigger influence of the outcome would be
the layout of the course.When I used to autocross my TR6, I would get
trounced whenever the Spitfire guys would lay out a course with short
straights and tight turns (those !#$#@! Spitfires and their 24 ft.
turning radius!)
                Jeff Smith
                1968 4/4 B1677