Re: Wife's Morgan

To: slikdik@earthlink.net, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wife's Morgan
From: LSelz@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 17:49:19 EST
Dick:

re: "..my SO owns the Morgan, I own the Vincent.."   I thought I was the
ultimate automotive masochist with a Morgan and a BSA.

Please let me know just one thing.  All the old road tests from the 50's talk
about how well the Vincent handled.  (Of course, they never said anything bad
about any motorcycle; bad for ad revenues).  Retrospective test rides
castigate the "frameless" Vincent for having whippy, wobbly, potential-tank-
slapper handling, especially on bumpy curves.  Which is right?  Is it like a
Morgan, that handles better than anything else under the right circumstances,
but under certain real-world conditions, WATCH OUT?

Awaiting an answer to this long-debated question with breathless anticipation,
I am

                                        Lannis Selz