NASCAR Technology

To: "aMORGANS@autox.team.net" <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: NASCAR Technology
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 99 22:43:17 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

Hey group , last night on NASCAR Garage ( on TNN) they showed some
insulation the  NASCAR builders use to block the heat from the engine and
exhaust. They said it was developed by NASA for the  Space Shuttle. It looks
like fantastic stuff . He held his hand on one side and a blow torch to the
other . They said it differed from regular insulation in that it conducts
the heat away from the hot spot.  It was very thin (  less than a inch thick
) and foil  like in appearance.
Anyone got a NASCAR or Space Shuttle  builder for a neighbor?  I'd like to
get some more information on this stuff .

Bob Nogueira

Drophead update: I finished up the  wood framing for the doors last night.
They are  hung and swinging beautifully!.  Tomorrow I pull out the
sheetmetal  tools  and  start replacing all the wood splinters in my hands
with metal slivers