RE: NASCAR Technology

To: "'FPS3@aol.com'" <FPS3@aol.com>
Subject: RE: NASCAR Technology
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 10:42:21 -0500
Fred,

With the +4 laid up and with the ambient temperatures "north of the 49th", I
don't have any immediate need for anything that boils at more than 100 C
(212 F), but the Evans coolant sounds interesting.

I would urge a word of caution, though.  Evans coolant may be OK for NASCAR
types but compatibility with the innards of a Morgan engine and radiator
needs to be confirmed.  Also, what would running an engine hotter than it
was designed for do to the oil, the gaskets, etc.?  NASCAR types can (need
to) tear their engines apart "occasionally" but that's not the sort of thing
I would want to do on a regular basis (mind you, I would get pretty good at
after a while).

Anyway, any thoughts on this or am I being too cautious?

Chuck Vandergraaf
'52 +4
Pinawa, MB (where it got up to +2 C the other day!)