Re: The Color Blue

To: jpavone@vanstar.com
Subject: Re: The Color Blue
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 10:06:24 -0500
At 06:34 AM 2/2/99 -0800, John P. wrote:

>I will be painting my 59' 4/4 this year and may choose a color other than
>Red or BRG. I've seen a Medium Blue 47' Flat Rad (lic# GNX533) on the cover
>of an Osprey book called "Morgan" by Rowan Issac. The car is owned by
>Malcolm Adam and won Best Flat Rad at MOG92 in South Wales. Does any one
>know the actual name or better yet a paint code for this color?
>Any help would be appreciated.

John,

No, I can't help you with the specifics on the shade of blue that you are
looking for, but let me be among the first to sing the praises of someone
who wants his lbc to be a color OTHER than either red or BRG.  I've done my
TVR in a blue/green color (its blue in most lights, but I'll admit its a
deep green in bright sunlight).   A few years ago a list member sent me
some photos of his flat rad in French racing blue (the color you associate
with the great pre-war bugatti racing cars).  I thought it looked
fantastic; my wife thought it was horrid (i.e. nix the repaint of my 4/4 in
French Racing Blue).  Ah, marriage; a committee of 2.

More power to you!

cheers,
Will Zehring