Re: The Color Blue -Reply

To: morgans@autox.team.net, ralex@unm.edu
Subject: Re: The Color Blue -Reply
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 15:11:23 -0600
Robert,
I would agree that the most likely suspect is Cotswold Blue which is one of
the nicer '50's Jaguar colors.  Here are two snippets from the XK list when
I asked about it.

"... I would characterize my sprayout of Cotswold Blue (ICI 3318) as a
medium
depth navy blue, with a high grey value, much greyer than what one would
consider navy blue.... Don Pikovnik"

"William Eastman, 835548 was originally Cotswold Blue with Grey trim, so
the description of the original colour is not good - Cotswold Blue is one
of the great Jaguar colours, a mid, clean, powder blue.  Regards, John
Elmgreen"

FWIW the ICI 3318 code also appears in another Jaguar source although I
can't vouch that they are independent.

About me:
I have been lurking on this list for a while.  About 2 years ago I was
looking for a second British car to keep the Rossa Red 61 MGA Touring
company.   I thought a Morgan would be the answer and was actively pursuing
such a beast until wife Nancy made it known that any additions must be more
comfortable than the MGA if she was going to spend much time in the
passenger seat.   This "suggestion" resulted in a Morgan moving one notch
down the list and a Jaguar XK150 Fixed Head  project settling into the
garage.  This car still has a few square inches of its original Cotswold
Blue paint attached and I can verify that it is a nice shade- very close to
the Morgan in question.  Alas, Nancy does not like the color so the XK will
probably end up BRG or Mist Grey.  Red is too gaudy for such a stately
lady.

So why am I still on the Morgan list?  Because the traffic is fairly light
and the discussions are to good to give up.  I will probably go back to
lurking now but I do enjoy what I read.

Regards,
Bill Eastman
Maple Grove, MN
61 MGA 3k miles per year minimum pleasure cruiser
58 XK150 fhc 3k $ per year minimum money eater