Re: The Color Blue

To: jpavone@vanstar.com
Subject: Re: The Color Blue
From: "Robert K. Alexander" <ralex@unm.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 23:07:49 -0800 (PST)
John,
        I, too, have fallen in love with that Morgan cover photo and the
color.  It's as much the ambient lighting and exposure as actual color.
The same car is illustrated on pp.69 (same light, different angle) and
71, where it looks almost like a cobalt blue.  Anyone know if this is
what they call "Cotswald Blue?"
        I suspect I'll take the book to the local restoration shop when
painting time comes for the 67 +4 (now Gawdy Red with black wings) and
see what they can do with their DuPont.

Bob Alexander
67+4 (missing his old '53 +4 flat rad, even tho' it was BRG)