Re: hot/cold

To: <BradFarr@aol.com>
Subject: Re: hot/cold
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 18:38:32 -0800
I have never used a oil temp cooler thermostat so I can't say how reliable
or effective they are.  Generally I don't like automatic devices that you
can't monitor easily. It would be fairly complicated to hook up temp. gauges
in the cooler lines to show you when the thermostat was opened or closed.  I
suppose that you could just install a temp. gauge to monitor the oil temp.
You might as well do it first and see if you really need the cooler.  The
same engine was used by GM in the early 60s, and none of them, even the
turbocharged  Oldsmobiles had oil coolers.

Regards, Greg Solow