Re: hot/cold

To: "William Zehring" <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>, "Art Hart" <arthart@bell-labs.com>
Subject: Re: hot/cold
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 03:06:22 -0800
Excellent comments.I second them .  Before adding an oil cooler, it is best
to know  exactly what temp your oil is running.  The best temps for
petroleum based oil are in the 180 to 210 degrees F.  Cooler that that
causes excessive engine wear due to sudge and acid formation, hotter causes
the oil to break down and oxidize.  Either one is very bad.
                                                                Regards,
Greg Solow