Re: Morgan Gas Tank

To: Greg Solow <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Subject: Re: Morgan Gas Tank
From: "Ernest(Chip) Brown" <ebrown@ms.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 08:26:11 -0500
Greg- When reattaching my gas tank frame (with Fuel Safe cell inside) after the
old mess broke off one memorable day, I replaced the sheared 'screws' with
carriage bolts and used four, not three, bolts, because I flunked geometry. All
seems very solid three years later. The biggest loss from that 'break' was the
fine Cohiba torpedo that I was smoking at the time. Had to jettison it in a
hurry. I think the idea of using those stainless steel straps to locate the
tank, rather than the soldered tabs that are on my '57, is an excellent idea. I
will do this before the Spring season. Chip Brown.