Re:Morgan Gas Tank

To: morgan forum <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:Morgan Gas Tank
From: Art Hart <arthart@bell-labs.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 09:17:01 -0500
Greg,

I am in the process of remaking my gas tank from stainless steel as it
had rusted inside so badly that one baffle was completely rusted off and
rattling around and the huge Fram fuel filter I have on the line plugs
with rust after only a few hundred miles.  My rear fuel tank board is
secured to the rear crossmember by the three screws that you mention and
there are the two steel straps holding the two boards together, but the
front board has a 5/16 bolt on either end anchoring it to the side
rails.  I gather that these are incorrect and have been added by the
previous restorer and that I should leave these out when I replace the
tank??

Art Hart
'64 +4
Chester, NJ