Re: Took A Spin

To: "Jane McDaid" <Murphys@ziplink.net>,
Subject: Re: Took A Spin
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 23:22:36 -0800
The original style wind wings that  were made by Amco in the sixties mounted
so that they folded straight back parallel to the side curtains and on the
inside of them.  They could be left on when the side curtains were put on
and cleared just fine.   Their only drawback was that where they attached to
the chromed "draft excluder" on the side of the windscreen, they would
eventually cause cracking because the stress was to localized for the
strength of the brass extrusion to which they were attached.

Regards, Greg  Solow