Re: Morgan Gas Tank

To: <TrmpetDave@aol.com>, <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Morgan Gas Tank
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 23:36:03 -0800
Early +8 fuel tanks were mounted differently than +4 tanks.  Why, one can
only speculate.  They were not supported on wood at all.  They are very leak
prone and actually every single early +8 that I have seen has had problems
with leakage from  soldered joints.  These tanks were mounted directly to
the frame with four bolts and consequently were subjected to the twisting
movements of the frame.

Regards ,

Greg Solow