Re: Trivia

To: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Trivia
From: Steve Moore <steve.moore@tag.csiro.au>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 07:56:10 +1000
>PS : this is all trivial because I'm going to use the this freak bonnet
>since as Chuck Harris once said  about miss matched wheel trim rings "  Not
>to worry,  You can only see one half of t he car at a time "

This is a philosophy that I'm sure the factory shares. Someone here ordered
a pair of front wings from the Factory only to find that the headlight pods
were about 11/2 inches different in height.

I could understand the difference in bonnet contour if it were a plus four
bonnet going onto a lowline body, the difference in height sounds about
right. Presumably all DHC bodies were highline?

Harking back to another link. I have just seen a telescopic conversion kit
for the new rear shock layout (mounted the the end of the axle tube behind
the brake backing plate). The factory must have changed the contour of the
chassis around the rear axle cut away. I just can not see how the shocks
can clear the chassis without significant modification. Anyone with first
hand experience out there?

Cheers

Steve Moore

Stephen S. Moore
Principle Research Scientist
Beef CRC Molecular Genetics Sub Program Leader
CSIRO, Tropical Agriculture
Molecular Animal Genetics Centre
Level 3, Gehrmann Laboratories
University of Queensland, St. Lucia, 4072

ph 61 7 3214 2476
fax 61 7 3214 2480