Re: engine numbers

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: engine numbers
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 19:01:26 -0500
At 02:25 PM 3/5/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear all:
>
>The recent discussion of OUR MAN BOB's odd bonnet (hmmm, I like that) and
>the engine number stamp, brings up a demi-confusion on my part: Where the
>heck is the VIN plate on my car?  I've been told that its somewhere on a
>main chassis rail, but...  where?

Will,

  I've heard that also.  However, I can tell you for sure that there is
NO vin plate or chassis number on the chassis of my 65 4/4.  That must be
a +4 thing.  There was/is a VIN plate located on the tool box under the
bonnet on the pass. (right) side.  Mine was held on by rivets.  Do you have
2 small holes on the tool box?

If your car was restored, it is entirely possible that the plate is missing.
I had my original plate kicking around here for years.  Then when I finished
the restoration and went to put it on, it was nowhere to be found.  I wrote
the factory and they sent me a new one.

John

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V

www.team.net/www/morgan        bricklin.shel.olsy-na.com/bi