What Tires?

To: <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: What Tires?
From: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 19:30:34 -0500
Hi there,
A quick introduction as I am new to this list. My name is Jeff and I'm an
alcoholic.....Oh sorry, wrong list. I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a new Morgan
owner - having just acquired a 1958 ('57 year build, I think) Plus 4. The
car will be delivered to me as soon as I have enough money to pay for a
truck to go and pick it up!
Anyway, the car has been sitting some time and I believe has 'crossply'
tires on it, that have flat spots where the car sat on them without air.
The question is, as I intend to drive the dickens out of the car this
summer - what size tires fit that model Morgan (it has standard steel rims)
and what would be a good tire to replace them with. I mean do radial tires
work good on early Morgans or should I just get more crossplys?

Best regards to all,

Jeff