Re: New leather care

To: wms@vaxxine.com, owner-morgans@autox.team.net, Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New leather care
From: HABCTRMD@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 11:18:32 EST
I have a feeling we could go on for weeks about leather care.  You could go
the route of getting an overpriced canister of Ye Olde English Leather
Conditioner, complete with the impressive crest of "By Appointment to her
Majesty ,Purveyors of Leather Goods to the Gentry"  (by the way in England
even toilet paper carries that imprimateur, but at  the end of the day all you
need is some saddle soap (Lexol has lots of water).....best bet is to buy some
linseed oil and stick it in the container from Connoly Bros or Bridge of Weir
Hyde Food (looks good at car shows)....when it doubt just watch some cows and
how they take care of their hides (or is it hydes?). Wipe 'em clean, sponge
off the mustard, soy sauce, Italian ices and wine stains - all of which should
never be taboo in a Morgan.

Rick Rader 67 4/4 - who opted for the $900 surcharge for leather (over vinyl)
when he restored his car 8 years ago - and has never regretted it.