Re: ? How to import a car from England?

To: EPaul21988@aol.com, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ? How to import a car from England?
From: snotrek@cil.qc.ca
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 20:49:54 -0500
The exact import restriction on "classic" cars is 25 years. (The
definition of "classic" is less in most jurisdictions for the purposes
of emissions or safety gear etc.)So you are looking for a model made
from 1968 to 1974.

The history of importing the "Land Rover " model (+8), as you refer to
it, to the United States is quite interesting. The dual airbags is only
the latest import problem (now resolved and being again imported). See
the article entitled "Made for the USA" at
http://www.angelfire.com/mi/GoMoG/plus8.html.

There are many companies specializing in carrying out the paperwork and
arranging the transport, import and registration of your vehicle. (If
you need one, ask) Finding a Plus 8 in England is largely a matter of
web cruising the various dealers or auto locators in GB.

You would perhaps do better from the point of LHD to seek the car out in
Canada or Europe.