RE: Prowler (was Questions?)

To: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Subject: RE: Prowler (was Questions?)
From: "Vodden, Dave" <dave.vodden@Telematics.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 09:27:00 -0500
The advantage of having these status symbols about is that 10 to 15
years down the road the owners get tired of them and so there are more
affordable cars for you and I.  They may hold there value or even
appreciate, but they don't keep up with the rate of  inflation over the
long term.

I was fortunate enough to purchase my car when it was 6 months old from
someone who felt he was not driving it enough (2500 miles in 6 months?).
It was at a time when the UK economy was taking its usual periodic
downturn and the classic car market had just hit the bottom.  At that
time when there were Ferrari owners about who had paid a million for a
car only to find it worth a hundred thousand 6 months later.   I looked
at a new one (via some people who had arrived at the top of the list and
found they didn't have the money) but I couldn't afford it.  It was
still over $30,000 but we pay a lot more for cars here than you do, even
a stock Ford and somehow it doesn't sound so much expressed in Sterling.

I have since decided that the best course say to a Plus 8 some day
(don't tell HUY) is through the second hand market.

Dave Vodden
1992 Plus 4 4 Seater  (known as HUY)
Hampshire UK