Re: nix Y2K in Mogs

To: garc@iinet.net.au, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: nix Y2K in Mogs
From: LSelz@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 22:19:07 EDT
To all -

I joke about tractor engines (jokes are left over from my MG vs. my Triumph
buddies) but hope no one thinks I'm putting anybody's car down.  I need
everyone's help to keep the 4/4 going and can't afford to make anyone mad.

In fact, I own, love, and work a 1958 Ferguson "Thirty-Five" tractor.  I've
heard the stories about the unholy alliance between John Black and Harry
Ferguson back in the early 50s, but can see no similarities between the
engine that pulls my plow, disk, blade, bush hog, baler, etc., and the
engines that I've seen under the hoods of TR3s and Morgans.

Are those stories apocryphal or are they true?  Has anyone been deep enough
into both the Massey-Ferguson tractor and a TR engine to know for sure?  The
Ferguson has 5100 hours on it and is due for a rebuild; any +4 experts want
to come over and either prove or disprove a legend??

                      Lannis