Re: Who Needs Y2K When We Have Lucas!

To: mdmiles@home.com
Subject: Re: Who Needs Y2K When We Have Lucas!
From: "Kit Hildreth" <krisbox@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 08:53:46 PDT
Bloody cheek! The Lucas electrics on MY MOG have given sterling service these
past 20 years, with NO problems AT ALL. MOGS has never been garaged either and
has led a hard life by Moggin' standards. Actually, I tell a lie! The Lucas
Battery case cracked one year, but it still managed a 1000 mile trip before I
spotted the problem- SLIGHT difficulty starting on Frosty mornings, was all the
indication something was wrong: some epoxy made an excellent fix until I got
her back home and changed out the battery. If you want to talk BAD electrics,
lets talk Electronica as in Ducati! Dreadful, electrical repair kit mandatory
even for short trips! No, the Prince of Darkness is a fraud in my book!
Kit Hildreth