Re: Wood Dashboards

To: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Subject: Re: Wood Dashboards
From: Bob Tescione <mogman@rpa.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 11:41:24 -0400
Vandergraaf, Chuck wrote:

> A related question: what wood is used in making Morgan dashboards?  I
> suspect it has changed over the years; mine is a light coloured wood but I
> have not been able to identify it yet (for all I know, it may have started
> life as an board in a cabinet).  The choice of finish will depend on the
> type of wood.  I hope Morgan never used teak!
>
> Chuck Vandergraaf
> '52 +4

Chuck and others:
Mine too is light colored. I believe it is the original dash but has
added holes for switches and instruments added over the years. It looks
like mahogany to me, but the Morgan factory told me when i inquired a
number of years ago, that they used walnut. It is much lighter than the
walnut wood available in this part of the US.

I am contemplating a replacement dash out of some more figured wood. My
car is a 1951 +4.

Bob Tescione
mogman@rpa.net