Re: Preflighting/ getting in & out

To: carfindr@tiac.net, palsy@bellatlantic.net
Subject: Re: Preflighting/ getting in & out
From: LSelz@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 16:02:25 EDT
Jeff -

My Morgan has one of those quick-disconnect steering wheels, and I use it
sometimes when getting out. Getting in is just kind of "put your hands on the
tunnel and side and fall in feet first".  Getting out is more annoying if
you're not a gymnast who can do Iron Crosses all day long.

But mostly I use the quick disconnect wheel when people at a red light laugh
and say "Hey, your steering wheel is on the wrong side!" and I say "Doggone,
you're right; I'll put it back where it belongs" and I yank it off and hang
it from the glove box.  I've about worn out the splines doing that, and if
you don't forget and do it in front of the same person twice, it doesn't seem
to get old...One of these days I'm going to forget to seat the locking pin
when I drive off and I'll wish I wasn't such a clever-Dick...

                                Lannis