OLD AMERICANS

To: "morgans@autox.team.net" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: OLD AMERICANS
From: Lorne Goldman <snotrek@cil.qc.ca>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 15:52:36 -0400
Hmmm...assuming this is not a trick question (and I will leave the
Pierce-Arrow history to another)...the story on the the 1954-55 Corvette
is not unknown.

1954 was the first year the Corvette was produced in St. Louis and the
first year it was available in more than one color. Though offered with
a manual transmission, no 1954 Corvette was shipped with one.

1955 was the "big" year for Corvette. It became an important addition
to the sports car world when a 265 cubic inch, 195 hp V-8 engine and
3-speed manual transmission was added and to distinquish this model from
others, the 1955 Corvettes had a large golden "V" in the "Corvette"
script on the front fender panels.

Was that what you were looking for?

Lorne M. Goldman
Webmaster