Towels

To: "'Morgans'" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Towels
From: "DeLuca, Joseph" <Joseph.DeLuca@wl.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 09:59:28 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael D. Miles, PE [mailto:mdmiles@home.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 08, 1999 11:21 AM
To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Preflighting

>>Ford Prefect always suggested carrying a towel to flag down Vogon
>>Destructor ships (oblique reference to The Hitchhikers Guide to the
>>Galaxy) and as for the wenches, well...

I always carry an old terry-cloth bath towel, perhaps
influenced by Ford's endorsement in "The Hitchhiker's
Guide".

It has turned out to be the most useful piece of
equipment in my kit.  The towel has served as a ground
cloth when crawling under, and as a protector when I
stow something with sharp edges.  It's predecessor was
torn into strips to serve as exhaust mounts for a
short distance. It folds up into a compact square
that hardly takes up any room, and doubles as a seat
cushion when you stop by a babbling brook for lunch.
I could go on an on.

It really has a thousand and one uses, so the Guide
wasn't being so facetious after all.

"A smart hitchhiker never travels without his towel".

Joe DeLuca
Sparta, NJ
'62 yellow 4/4 competition model
Morgan 3/4 Group, USA