Calling All British Cars

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Calling All British Cars
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 13:41:06 EDT
Hi everyone,

This is just a reminder that The Third Annual British Car Week kicks off on
Monday, May 24, and continues throughout the week.  Be sure to make an extra
effort to get your little British cars out on the roads, and drive them
whenever possible during this week.  This is our chance to show off our
little prides of joy to the rest of the world in unison, and promote our cars
and hobby.

If you're not quite sure what this week is all about, below is a brief
explanation:

British Car Week is an annual week celebrated during the last full week of
May, commemorating British cars and their owners.  It is a time when owners
of all British marques can get their cars out on the roads in their corner of
the world, and give them exposure to the rest of the population who may not
often get a chance to feast their eyes on these great machines of the past.
By doing this, we can somewhat recreate the days when these cars were a much
more common sight on the world's roads.  Hopefully this idea will become more
and more popular well into the next century, so these cars will have a
continued interest for years and years to come.

I have an eleven year old son and a thirteen year old daughter, and I am
forever being reminded how little their generation knows about these old
British cars.  Many of their friends have never heard the names Sunbeam,
Singer, Hillman, Riley, Morris, or Morgan, let alone MG, Triumph, or
Austin-Healey.  They've had very little exposure to these cars during their
lifetime, so it's no wonder.  But I do know one thing for sure, when they see
and hear these cars, they certainly take notice, and want to know more about
them.

Special thanks to all the people who have devoted their free time to help
promote this idea!  Your enthusiasm for these cars is unsurpassed, and your
help will always be appreciated.  Have a safe and fun driving season!

Feel free to pass this information on to others.

See you on the road.....

Scott Helms

Visit the British Car Week web page at:
http://members.aol.com/Trmgafun/britishcarweek.html