RE: Bent Chassis cures

To: "Bob Nogueira" <nogera@prodigy.net>,
Subject: RE: Bent Chassis cures
From: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 10:37:06 -0400
Ha! Ha! Bob,
I have just come in to get a cup of coffee and noticed your e-mail telling
me to do what I finally figured out for myself!
You are quite correct! IT WORKS!!
The cure for the 'kicked- up' chassis is to park your car under the header
for the garage door, remove your spare tire, place a 2x4 (I would suggest
for safety's sake that you 'strong-back' it buy nailing another 2x4 along
it's length to form a 'T' shape) on the rear cross member as close to the
frame rail as you can get it without damaging the bodywork, and then jack
the car up on the chassis rail from the straight side of the bend.
Once it is straight, go back and weld on your plate.

Great Minds eh Bob!

Jeff