Re: Bent Chassis cures

To: "aMORGANS@autox.team.net" <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bent Chassis cures
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 99 08:10:57 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

Jeff
I parked the car with the bottom of   the spare tire under the door header
of the garage.  I placed a 2X4 Stud (  What do Metric countries call a 2x4 ?
)  on the rear cross frame  and door header .  I then placed the jack under
the low spot of the chassis and jacked .  It took very little effort to
bring it back to straight.   I  then checked with a straight edge and
welded in my plate.

Bob Nogueira

> Date: Sunday, 23-May-99 11:34 AM
>
> From: Jeff Webster             \ Internet:    (carfindr@tiac.net)
> To:   MORGANS                  \ Internet:    (morgans@autox.team.net)
>
> Subject: Re: Bent Chassis cures
>
> Hi gang,
> Well I have discovered (when I tried to replace my doors) that I too have
the
> 'kicked-up' chassis at the back on the passenger side. I have located the
crack
> right behind the brake drum and cleaned it all up ready to be fish-plated.
The