SV: Leaking Carburettor Floats

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: SV: Leaking Carburettor Floats
From: Larry Mamlet <mamlet@dmv.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 12:00:14 -0400
Thank you all, and thanks to the hundreds who were about to send suggestions.

A cable from battery positive to the block resulted in instant cure.  For
various reasons, I settled for a 12-guage wire from the firewall, which
works perfectly.  Careful examination reveals no other connection between
motor and ground.

Why did it work until 2 days ago?  The only simultaneous event was the
breaking of a tail-pipe; perhaps there was some grounding through the
exhaust system.

One last favor:  Please don't tell anyone about this, as I am infamous for
telling anyone with a starting problem to put in a good ground strap.  When
they say that wouldn't help a dead battery or seized motor, I always tell
them "Well, it wouldn't hurt!"

. . . and again thanks.

Larry