Re: Detroit Morgan

To: "DeLuca, Joseph" <Joseph.DeLuca@wl.com>
Subject: Re: Detroit Morgan
From: smithmog@ix.netcom.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 20:16:19 -0700
DeLuca, Joseph wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> Mike Dewar is looking for the best way to sell his 4/4
> in the Detroit area.
>
> Do you have any advice I can pass on to him?
> (besides Hemmings)
>
> Joe DeLuca
> Sparta, NJ
> '62 yellow 4/4 competition model
> Morgan 3/4 Group, USA

(Classic Auto Showplace) many years ago, and saw other Morgans there
subsequently; don't know if they sold them out of there or not. Of
course, the house takes a cut, but it is good way to expose your car.They
are Maple (15 mile) just west of Dequindre road.
2) British car events such as English Day on the Green (Dearborn) or Mad
Dogs and Englishmen(Kalamazoo) and a For Sale sign might be an idea.
3)The wood door at the back of AutoZone (Great place-no, not the parts
chain store, but the enthusiast book/model store on Woodward north of 14
mile in Birmingham)is a great place for esoteric car ads on 3 x 5
cards.Nice people, too, and up on Morgan models.
4) Or, park it near Woodward with a For Sale sign during the Dream Cruise
weekend.
        Hope this helps-
                Jeff Smith
                1968 4/4 2 str.