RE: CorroDip (Corrosion Dissolver)

To: <ARoman4047@aol.com>
Subject: RE: CorroDip (Corrosion Dissolver)
From: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 09:09:26 -0400
Tony Wrote:
"Jeff, hi-
          ...tried to find Corrodip on the Net. All I could come up with was
             <www.liquideng.com.au/revamp/Products/corrodip.htm>
through Altavista, but hitting the go to button returned a not found on this
server...
Have you been able to access the site? And if so, what search engine did you
use?
On the other hand, my first/best guess is that corrodip is a phosphoric acid
formulation..."

"Jeff, hello again-
                        Came up with a site <http://www.liquideng.com>
through AOL, but
although the site lists corrodip in the company's product line, both the
info and order
areas are "under construction"...I couldn't link through this site to any
supplier, either. Maybe you'll have better luck...Although the brief
description in the product listing claims it isn't acid-based...
Let me know how you do...
Tony in NJ"

Hi Tony,
Yes Liquid Engineering in Bedford, Western Australia are the people that
make CorroDip. It has no acid - but it has a kind of Vinegar smell to it? It
is apparently ok to pour this stuff down the drain with no problems - and
after its done its thing you rinse the former rusty part in regular tap
water and allow to dry!  On the bottle it says:
"Designed for the safe removal of Rust, Scale and Tarnish from most metal
objects. It has numerous applications in the Marine, construction, mining
and automotive industries as well as many areas around the home" Contains no
solvents, phosphates or caustic ingredients.
It's great stuff, has no effect on plastic, rubber or nylon, just metal, I
have it soaking inside my engine now to de-scale rust from the water ways -
see if you can get them to send you a liter (which makes 6 liters of
product - and it's reusable) or perhaps they now have a distributor in the
States. Let the list know how you make out. Incidentally, I heard about
CorroDip a couple of years ago, after it was written up as a 'Best Buy' new
product in Practical Classic magazine.
Here's a number for Liquid Engineering in Australia.
Tel: +61 09 370 5099  Fax: +61 09 370 5080

Regards,

Jeff.