Re: From The Times of London

To: LSelz@aol.com, ARoman4047@aol.com, twakeman@cruzers.com, Trmgafun@aol.com,
Subject: Re: From The Times of London
From: CHarris990@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 17:41:11 EDT
In a message dated 6/14/99 4:23:14 PM Central Daylight Time, LSelz writes:

<< I think most people's problem with SUV's is that many of the SUV driver's
expressed reason for driving one is that, if they have an accident racing to
the soccer game while ordering a pizza on the cell phone, they are much more
likely to override and destroy the other car and come out safe themselves
than otherwise.  Back in '49, all the Plymouth had to run into was a '49
Oldsmobile or something; the playing field was more even.

                  Lannis >>
I do not think "most people" are involved, except as the politically
incorrect users of vehicles which are rooted in the American past.  In our
case in '49 the contest would have been twixt a Crosley, TC and a Dodge Power
Wagon.  I would say that many of us in semi-rural Texas, whose natural use of
pickups maybe makes us more tolerant of other peoples choices in transport.
Personaly, as I drive my practical Morgan about, I am more concerned with
drivers yaking on their phones.  This effeminate practice is as much a cause
of concern as putting on mascara.  As an aside, with the EU fixing to cause
the scrapping of interesting British cars, we should offer to store the
vehicles here for them.  Do you not just love governments and their agents?
Harris