Re: From The Times of London

To: ARoman4047@aol.com, CHarris990@aol.com, twakeman@cruzers.com,
Subject: Re: From The Times of London
From: LSelz@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 22:33:17 EDT
In a message dated 6/14/99 18:03:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ARoman4047
writes:

<<
           Any particular reason why being a idiot and yakking on one's phone
while
 (purportedly), driving is effeminate? >>

Actually, my first impression was the same as Harris's.  Talking on a cell
phone IS an awful lot like putting on makeup using the rear-view mirror while
driving.  Although, on the other hand, I used to ride sometimes with a
salesman who used to fill order forms on a clipboard on his knee while
driving, looking at the road once every 10 seconds or so.

After spending 275K+ miles on bikes, I can't help keeping both hands on the
wheel and my head on a swivel.  I really hate seeing people do something else
while driving (like eating a Big Mac, slapping the kids, looking for a map,
and tuning the radio all at the same time).  It's not paranoia if they're
really after you.

                                     Lannis