fuel tank problem

To: Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: fuel tank problem
From: Stephen.Stierman@huntington.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 08:00:44 -0500

Roger,
     I don't think you have a problem at all.  I suspect that your new Plus 8
has a closed system to meet the various evaporative EPA legislation.  There
probably is not breather in the tank at all.  I have had new vehicles of more
conventional design exhibit the same behavior.  As far as your filling problem,
I have seen this same situation on my friends new Plus 8 also.  I would suggest
filling the tank more slowly, one of life's little sacrifices when owning a new
Morgan.
     My old dilapidated Plus 8 has two filler caps and I can of course open both
to relieve pressure while fueling.  I can recall my 4/4 needed to be filled
slowly for the same reason.

Best Regards,

S. Stierman, 69 +8, R7082