Re: Plugs

To: nogera@prodigy.net, edherman@concentric.net, Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Plugs
From: TrmpetDave@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 02:14:15 EDT
In a message dated 6/20/99 8:54:40 PM, nogera@prodigy.net writes:

<< One of the biggest problems with long life plugs especially in a ally head,
is they can  seize up. When you do attempt to change them the threads strip
out of the head.
Even if not causing a problem, pull them out at lease once a year to free up
the threads.
Bob Nogueira

I agree. When I install plugs, I put never-seize on the threads, and
dielectric grease on the insulator. When I pulled a Bosch platinum plug just
now to look up the number for someone on the list, it came out quite easily
after several years of use. BTW the number is WR8DP Germany R6 271. The
center electrode was not visible, just the extended ceramic surround, but
with my Mallory Hi-Fire, the engine is running perfectly. Dave Collins, San
Diego.