Re: Plugs

To: edherman@concentric.net, Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Plugs
From: DGreimel@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 06:11:33 EDT
Ed.  An interesting article about race tuning in the latest Grassroots
Motorsports substantiates what has always been my understanding and opinion.
Spark plugs can only spark. Which ones you choose makes damn little
difference so long as they spark reliabily.  I know from personal experience
that Champions, as fitted to British cars circa 1960 would begin to missfire
at about 3000 miles and replacements did not always come with threads on
them. I have also seem Bosch platnim do the same thing in a late model
Pontiac Quad 4. Champion copper tips did it in my Dodge 318 in the 70`s and
yet I have had excellent durability from them in other engines.  If you get
good service from the ones you are using I would stick with them.  All the
hoopla about Splitfires, Platinum, Copper Core, Multiple Electrodes etc. is
just advertising BS and and excuse to charge more.  The spark takes the path
of lease resistance every time so what good are four ground electrodes?  It
still only jumps to one of them.
Don