Re: Hot-Road Trip/Operating temperatures

To: morgans@autox.team.net, "Gary Kneisley" <kneisley@ohio.net>
Subject: Re: Hot-Road Trip/Operating temperatures
From: " LMG@GoMoG " <gomog@angelfire.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 18:13:22 -0400
---
LMG
GoMoG at
http://www.angelfire.com/mi/GoMoG/

For what it is worth, my manual indicates that the normal running temperature
range is between 90 & 115 degrees C. Hardcastle, as well, states that this is a
normal range for a Rover V8 EFI in a Morgan type configuration.

The temperature will spike up to 115 on a hot day in stop-and-go traffic and
drop on the open highway. The fan comes on at 115 and shuts off at 105. If I
get concerned about the temperature, I open the car heater valve, the two foot
vents, run the fan and the temperature drops quickly (the car not me).

I keep my anti-freeze carefully mixed to reduce the possibility of boil over
and I check my engine timing regularly. Lastly, I live in the Quebec Mountains
in Canada as an added protection against over heating.

LMG