Re: Tires/Tyres (Suppliers)

To: <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tires/Tyres (Suppliers)
From: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 22:31:35 -0400
After extensive research, I managed to locate myself a set of 5 Michelin
165x400 radials tires for my 1958 + 4. I have the 16" steel rims and tires
are tough to find. I did however get lucky. During my research I came across
a supplier of vintage tires who told me about a customer of theirs who had
ordered five brand new Michelins for his car, but after having them fitted
and taking a spin - decided he didn't like the way they felt - so he had
them removed and purchased a set of racing tires. Well the set of Michelins
were going spare (and cheap) I paid $375 for the five including shipping to
my door!. The motto here is it pays to look hard.
What I have done here is to give you all the benefit of my research. If you
are looking for someone to supply you with tires for your Morgan - these are
your options. There may be other companies, but trust me here - if the tires
are available they are coming from one of these supplies.

Vintage Tire of Canada    (902)  228 2335
Avon Tourists & Dunlop C18

Old Car Center  (604) 888 4412

Talon Tire    (514) 337 0833

Roger Kraus Tires  (510) 582 5031

The Tire Source  (800) 422 8473

Vintage Tire UK   +44 1590 612261
Dunlop & Michelin

Wallace Wade  (800) 666 TYRE
Dunlop C18

Universal Tire  (800) 251 6336

British Wire Wheel  (800) 732 9866

Coker Tire  (800) 251 6336

As you can see I looked in Canada and England as well. Vintage Tire UK could
supply the tires, and at a good price - but the shipping killed it. It's
worth checking overseas - depending on the exchange rate. Also South Africa
could be a good source. I was at a car show a couple of weeks ago, and saw a
brand new old set of Dunlop tires on an MG 'TC' that were made in
Zimbabwe!!!

Good Luck,

Jeff