Re: RE: Tires/Tyres (Suppliers)

To: carfindr@tiac.net, SDviewpnt@aol.com
Subject: Re: RE: Tires/Tyres (Suppliers)
From: TrmpetDave@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 02:10:09 EDT
In a message dated 6/22/99 3:21:18 PM, carfindr@tiac.net writes:

<< BTW, are your wheels painted??  Did you
need any work done on them?  I saw a Plus 4 here at Barrett-Jackson that had
been chromed." >>

The talk about chroming wheels reminded me of a mod I did to the wheels on my
'71 +8. The wheels in stock form were rough cast aluminium alloy, which had a
great affinity for dirt&grime, esp brake dust.  Someone, possibly Jim Belardi
suggested that it was much easier just to spray paint bright silver over the
dirt,, and I did this for a few years, but it was still fairly laborious,
involving whel removal, and  the use of much masking tape over the tire.
Learning that chrome would not stick to aluminum (is this true?) I had the
wheels powder-coated bright silver, and now the brake dust etc comes off
easily-I just spary the wheels mag wheel cleaner spray, or ST-100 and hose
them off, and they look better than new.